If you are looking to gain a new skill, meet new people or help a worthy cause, then why not try volunteering?
There are a wide range of voluntary positions available. Some can be to help a charity in the office, during events or help raise awareness and funds and others can be providing much needed help to businesses or individuals running an event, etc.
Here are some volunteering opportunities available in 2017:
- London Marathon cheerer ~ 23 April, various charities, including
- MoonWalk London ~ 13 May, Clapham Common, Walk the Walk Uniting Against Breast Cancer
- Space Hopper Challenge ~ 29 May, Chiswick/Barnes (SW London)
- Cancer Research UK Race for Life ~ over 300 events across the country
- Oxfam Festival Stewards ~ various music festivals across the country, including Glastonbury
- LHA London ~ free accommodation in exchange for volunteering in one of their hostels
- Open House London ~ September
- Museum of London ~ year round opportunities
Check out the Team London volunteering website for a list of long and short term volunteering opportunities.