13 money saving tips to help you save money in London
- Follow the Money Saving Expert for free tickets to events, information about discounts for restaurants, shops etc and money saving tips
- London transport is cheaper if you travel at off peak times
- Buses are the cheapest way to get around London and have a daily cap of £4.50. Change buses (an unlimited number of times) within an hour and you only pay for one journey (£1.50)
- Looking for a weekend away? Some transport operators offer special rates, for example see Megabus
- There are various types of Railcard enabling discounts on the railways, for example, the 16-25 Railcard
- Happy Hour in bars – promoting offers such as 2 for 1
- Get your hair cut at a local college – students will charge less than a hair salon
- Look for theatre discounts
- Check out this map showing the walking distance between tube stations – places may be closer than you think!
- Get discounts for leisure, travel, home etc by visiting our Special Offers page
- Top up your water bottle from the free Refill points across London.
- Find places offering discounts and rewards for bringing your own drinks cup. Download the Refill app.
- Visit one of the many free attractions in London.
Main Image Credit: PublicDomainPictures | Pixabay