Study in London

There are several different ways to study in London. You may want to learn English, develop a new skill or study for a University degree.

There are some language schools which provide free English lessons (there may be conditions attached, or are for a limited time only, check for details) or ones you pay for.

  • Language centres which are members of English UK must pass a rigorous inspection scheme, click here to find courses with these centres.
  • Adult learning/education of ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) is offered by some colleges and local councils, for example: South Thames College, Southwark Adult Learning Service
  • Click here for ESOL courses in London

Enquire at a college/University near you, they may offer evening or weekend classes. Courses could include: foreign languages, marketing, IT, music, finance, arts and crafts, etc. For example: South Thames College.

Search for establishments specialising in specific subjects, for example, IT and languages.

There are lots of online courses and help for a wide ranges of interests, for example, IT or English:


  • English at work
  • English (and other languages) o o


Language exchange or some people offer one-to-one help

If you would like to attend University, check out the UCAS website for a list of all undergraduate and postgraduate courses and information for International and EU students.


  • NUS Extra card If you are 16 or over and studying in Further or Higher Education you are eligible for an NUS extra card. The card costs £12 and gives you discounts throughout the year on a wide range of goods and services including transport, entertainment, food and clothes.
  • Check out the International Students House, located in Zone 1.
  • Get discounted courses through voucher sites such as: Groupon and wowcher.

Comments are closed