Think of London and you think of shopping! 🙂
Oxford Street, Carnaby Street, Mayfair, Westfield Shopping Centre… to name just a few of the favourite shopping destinations in London.
Where to shop
- Famous shopping streets include Oxford Street with department stores such as Selfridges, Carnaby Street and Brompton Road in Knightsbridge (for Harrods).
- Large shopping centres are located around London such as Westfield in Shepherd’s Bush or Stratford.
- Click here for Women’s Fashion.
- Looking for the hustle and bustle of a market? London has some fantastic markets including Borough Market, Camden Market, Covent Garden Market, Greenwich Market and Portobello Road.
- If you want to buy something special or looking for a great place to go window shopping, head to areas such as Mayfair, Knightsbridge and Savile Row for tailors and designer shops.
- If you’re looking for a memento or a ‘London’ gift, souvenir shops can be found in Central London, particularly around Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus. Or you could go to a gift shop in one of London’s many tourist attractions, free museums or galleries.
- Large supermarkets sell clothing, entertainment and household items.
- Most residential areas will have a cluster of shops usually selling food and drink, charity shops and independent shops. Clothes shops, supermarkets etc aren’t normally far away.
- Opening hours vary. Sundays and Bank Holidays have shorter trading hours. Most places are closed on Christmas Day.
- Shopping on a budget
- Useful link for clothing sizes (please note, clothes sizes can vary between different shops)
- London lights up at Christmas time with festive lights around every corner