2018 is a special year for Royal Weddings. St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle will host the wedding ceremonies for both Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on 19 May and Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank on 12 October.
If you are planning your wedding, here are some unique wedding locations for
your perfect London wedding.
Windsor Castle might not be an option but if your dream is to get married in Windsor you can at Windsor Guildhall. The Royal Wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles took place here as did the civil partnership ceremony of pop royalty Sir Elton John and his partner David Furnish.
If you want to be treated like a Prince and Princess on your wedding day, did you know you can get married at The Orangery in Kensington Palace? Both the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle live here and the announcement of the engagement of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle took place in the Sunken Garden in the grounds.
Hampton Court Palace was home to some of England’s famous kings and queens from Henry VIII and his six wives, to William III and Mary II and you can get married in this historic Tudor palace. Don’t miss their Wedding Showcase on 25 February 2018.
There are also many iconic London attractions licensed to hold wedding ceremonies.
- Shakespeare Globe Theatre – get immersed in the romance of Shakespeare at this iconic venue. The Balcony Room even has its very own Juliet balcony.
- London Eye – say ‘I do’ in a private rotating capsule with a spectacular view of the Thames.
- Horniman Museum and Gardens – choose between the beautiful Grade II listed Victorian Conservatory, the Pavilion surrounded by breathtaking skyline views of London or the Victorian Bandstand for small, intimate outdoor ceremonies.
- Natural History Museum – where else could you have dinosaurs as your wedding guests?
- London Zoo – a special option for animal lovers and by holding your event at the Zoo you are also helping the global conservation of these animals and their habitats.
- Kew Gardens – celebrate your special day in the stunning surroundings of Kew Gardens.
- The Gherkin – make your wedding one to remember with a breathtaking 360 degree view over London.
- Syon Park – get married in the grand surroundings of Syon Park, a popular filming location for movies such as Alice through the Looking Glass and Pride and Prejudice.
Need some inspiration?
See our events calendar for Wedding Shows taking place in London.
Looking for somewhere to stay?
See our hotel section.
Thinking about your honeymoon?
Check out our Travel pages for inspiration.
Haven’t found ‘the one’ yet?