- Ugandan Shilling
- Currency available prior to arriving in country? No.
Remember to exchange any Ugandan shillings before leaving Uganda.
- Exchange rate
The best times to visit Uganda are January to February (when the weather is hot but generally dry) or June to September (the dry season).
The two main rainy seasons are March to May and October to December.
The average annual temperature is about 26 degrees Celsius (78° Fahrenheit).
Click here to see the weather forecast for Uganda.
Uganda Calling Code
+256 (+006 from Kenya and Tanzania)
- Drive on the left
In An Emergency
Rules & Laws
Capital City: Kampala
Living in Uganda
- Mountain gorillas in Bwindi National Park
- Mt Elgon’s cliffs, caves, gorges and waterfalls
- Murchison Falls
- Rwenzori ‘Mountains of the Moon’
- Kampala City Festival ~ October
- Murchison Falls National Park
- Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Kidepo Valley National Park
- Lake Mburo National Park
- Rwenzori Mountains National Park
- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- Semliki National Park
- Kibaale National Park
- Mount Elgon National Park
To see the gorillas:
- Go through an agency based in Uganda
- Book direct with the Uganda Wildlife Authority
- Go on a group tour incorporating many other attractions, activities and possibly countries
- Tip: The gorilla permit price is due to rise in July 2020.
Love Uganda? Want to give something back?
Give a donation or fundraise for the Child’s i Foundation