Korean Republic won (₩) (KRW)
Currency available prior to arriving in country? Yes.
South Korea experiences cold winters and hot summers. Rainfall is heaviest during the summer. The monsoon rains fall end June to end July.
Click here to see the weather forecast for South Korea.
GMT +9 (doesn’t operate Daylight Saving Time)
South Korea Calling Code
- Drive on the right
- How to get around South Korea
Rules & Laws
South Korea Facts
- Capital City: Seoul
- National Animal: Siberian tiger
- National Bird: Oriental magpie
- National Flower: Hibiscus syriacus
- Traditional Dress: Hanbok
Living in South Korea
DongDaeMoon is a 24 hour shopping centre with restaurants, street food and so many clothes shops, selling both cheap and expensive items.Jeong, Seoul
It is nice to walk along Han River which is illuminated at night or go on a boat trip.
- Visit the volcanic island of Jeju
- Gyeonghoeru Pavilion at Gyeongbokgung Palace, Seoul
- A popular dish is bulgogi (barbequed beef). You can have it with vegetables, rice/soup.
- Spicy food is also popular – try the street food Tteok-bokki (stir fried rice cake)
Click here for events and festivals in South Korea