English, French, Kinyarwanda, Swahili
There are two rainy seasons in a year, from mid-February to May and mid-September to mid-December. See more.
Click here to see the weather forecast for Rwanda.
Rwanda Calling Code
- Drive on the right
- Getting around
In An Emergency
- Capital City: Kigali
- National Animal: Leopard
- National Flower: Red/Japanese Rose
- Kigali UP: Music festival. Takes place every year usually during the northern summer months
- Kwita Izina: Annual gorilla-naming ceremony which takes place in Kinigi in September
- Hobe Rwanda Festival: Two day festival in Kigali, which usually takes place in September, celebrating Rwandan culture.
- Rwanda Cultural Fashion Week: Takes place every September.
- Rwanda Film Festival: Takes place in October in Kigali
To see the gorillas:
- Go through an agency based in Rwanda
- Book direct
- Go on a group tour incorporating many other attractions, activities and possibly countries
Images from pixabay