Today is Shrove Tuesday, otherwise known as Pancake Day 🙂
Shrove Tuesday is celebrated by eating pancakes which are a rich, fatty food before the fasting period of Lent begins tomorrow on Ash Wednesday. The date varies each year but it is always 47 days before Easter Sunday.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy Pancake Day in London!
Events taking place in London:
- Great Spitalfields Pancake Race: Spitalfields
- Leadenhall Market Pancake Race: Leadenhall Market
- 2017 Rehab Parliamentary Pancake Race: Victoria Tower Gardens (outside Houses of Parliament)
- Better Bankside Pancake Day Race: Borough Market
- Milkshake, Ministry of Sound Presents: The £3 Pancake Day Party!
- A Pancake Party at Canalside: Queen Elizabeth Park (East London)
- Pancake Day Challenge: Breakfast Club cafes
- The Mardi Gras Frittarty – A Celebration of Pancakes: Shoreditch
Fancy making your own pancakes?
They are really simple to make.
See how by clicking on this link from BBC Food.
Traditional pancake fillings include
- Lemon & sugar
- Banana & chocolate
- Golden syrup
But have you tried?
- Jaffa cakes
- Chocolate chilli