It’s gorgeous weather out there, but how do you keep cool during this heatwave in London?
London is currently basking in the midst of a heatwave and temperatures are expected to remain in the high 20’s all week. It is the perfect city to enjoy those long summer days.
Here are some top tips for keeping cool:
- Take a dip in one of London’s lidos or outdoor pools
- Cool down in one of the many public fountains across London, including those next to The Scoop by London Bridge, in Granary Square at King’s Cross and the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain in Kensington Gardens
- Drink plenty of water. Did you know there are new drinking water fountains in Borough Market and Kingly Court off Carnaby Street?
- Don’t ditch the umbrella just yet, they make a perfect sun shade
- Avoid going on the tube if possible (or at least try to avoid the evening rush hour) – it’s perfect weather for ambling around London or take to the river and catch a river boat
- Stop off at one of the many ice cream sellers – what better excuse?
- Cool down in an air-conditioned shop or shopping centre
- Relax in a nice beer garden, rooftop bar or pub by the river
- Enjoy all London has to offer away from the hottest part of the day – did you know there are evening outdoor cinema screenings all summer?
- Find a nice shady spot in one of London’s many beautiful parks across the city
So dig out those summer clothes, slap on the sunscreen and enjoy London in this beautiful weather 🙂