Stay Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives!
Find tips and further information about coronavirus in London.
There has been a large number of cases of coronavirus in London. Click on this link to see the current number of people who have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK.
No. Only shops selling essential items are permitted to be open.
Stay at home
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
- You are permitted to go out once a day for exercise (walking, cycling or jogging)
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
Here are some further tips to help prevent the spread of coronavirus
- Cough into a tissue and then throw it away
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly
- Avoid putting your hands to your face
- Don’t shake hands with others
- Avoid putting your hands on handrails etc on public transport (public transport is limited to essential use only now)
- Use a contactless credit card where possible to avoid touching keypads and handling money
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness. The symptoms are similar to other illnesses such as cold and flu.
If you think you have coronavirus DO NOT go to the doctor, pharmacy or hospital. Self isolate and call NHS 111 if your condition gets worse. They will then tell you the next course of action.
The Government is giving a daily press conference with updates and advice.
Click here for the Government’s Coronavirus Action Plan.
Click here for the government’s travel advice.