Stay Alert, Control the Virus, Save Lives!
Find tips and further information about coronavirus in London.
Click on this link to see the current number of people who have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK.
As easing of lock down is underway many shops, restaurants and pubs are now open, as are some outdoor attractions. Events such as drive-in cinemas are permitted to operate.
Indoor cinemas and leisure providers will be opening throughout July.
Please check before travel.
- If you can, work from home
- You must wear a face covering on public transport
- From 24 July it is mandatory to wear a face covering in places where social distancing is difficult, such as in shops
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
Here are some further tips to help prevent the spread of coronavirus
- Cough into a tissue and then throw it away
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly
- Avoid putting your hands to your face
- Don’t shake hands with others
- Avoid putting your hands on handrails etc on public transport (public transport is limited to essential use only now)
- Use a contactless credit card where possible to avoid touching keypads and handling money
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness. The symptoms are similar to other illnesses such as cold and flu.
Click here for the Government’s Coronavirus Action Plan.
Click here for the government’s travel advice.